Passion for Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 2006 because the founder believed that there is no holistic system designed to teach them how to pursue their passions and turn them into careers using their unique skills and talents of at-risk youth. Passion for Life, Inc. was designed to be a relevant solution among at-risk youth.
The mission of Passion for Life, Inc. is to help students identify their passions and create a plan to turn their passion into rewarding careers. Passion For Life's after school program takes an holistic programming approach using Executive Style Life Coaching, Career Exploration, Leadership and Talent Development, and Dream Building to assist high school students in grades 9-12 with becoming self-assured passion driven citizens who are less likely to engage in risky behaviors and more likely to achieve their maximum potential.
Through its cutting-edge programming experience, Passion For Life Inc.'s 9-12th grade participants become self-aware, passion driven, career exposed, and expertly trained. Passion For Life, Inc. participants matriculate through a 4 year (9th-12th grade) curriculum that provides pertinent development components at each grade level.
Our ultimate goal is to help cultivate high school students into skilled professionals who love what they do and ultimately become the brightest industry leaders that global markets seek to take their companies to the next level!
To help high school students identify their passions and talents, and create a plan to turn their passion into rewarding careers.
In fulfilling its mission Passion For Life Inc. will,
- Assist students with identifying their passions/talents and how to turn them into rewarding careers
- Give students real world experiences in their career of choice through summer camps, internships, microenterprise and/or Co-Ops training
- Provide students with a comprehensive career development plan to include career and personal goals, higher education, and skill requirements
- Provide student's Executive Style coaching
- Promote self-awareness
- Create dream building experiences that rewards success through unique field trips.
Our vision is to change the face of career planning so that it's driven by each student's passion and skills. Everyday, we cultivate untapped talent and help students excel in the world.
Our Core Values
Passion For Life Inc. is committed to its values, actions, and relationships with staff, participants, parents, support systems, volunteers, community partners and supporters at large. Our values are:
- Commitment: We are committed to ensuring that our high school 9-12th grade participants know what resources and opportunities are available through Passion For Life Inc.
- Integrity: Our actions and decisions are consistent with our values and our mission to meet our participant's needs equitably and impartially.
- Care: We treat all participants with compassion, dignity and equality
- Responsiveness: We respond promptly to participants needs
- Stewardship: We manage our resources responsibly for the greatest benefit of our participants
- Teamwork: We work together both within our organization and with community partners to make the greatest possible impact
- Transparency: We maintain transparency to the community through open organizational practices.